Pop Art Explained

What is Pop Art?

Pop art is an art movement that was developed in the mid-to-late 50s. It includes imagery from popular and mass culture like advertising, comic books, and ordinary mass-produced objects. Some famous names from this movement are Andy Warhol, Keith Haring, and Roy Lichtenstein.

Keith Haring’s Work

Keith Haring’s work is very unique in its style. He takes inspiration from Pop art and Contemporary art to create amazing artworks. His artwork is consider Pop art due to its deeper meanings and motifs of commentary on social and political events that were happening at the time. His work is very cartoonish and bright with colors. The character’s he would draw would just be plain with no faces or details on them. The character’s would also be in crazy positions like having their hands up or making a bridge with their body. This artist was chosen because I like the style a lot. Not only do I want to try it myself, but I also want to see his artwork in person. Below are some of Keith Haring’s work:

Keith Haring Prints and Artwork for Sale

Keith Haring Art Print by New York Artist - Fine Art America

10 Works By Keith Haring You Should Know

Keith Haring's Art Has a Secret Languageā€”Here's How to Decode His Most  Powerful Symbols

The Iconic Keith Haring | Life, Work and Top Collaborations

0 comments